UPA Boston invites you to its “February” monthly meeting on Thursday, March 3rd.
Join us at Onward Search in Boston for a night of UX discussion, mingling, and fun. We’ll be staging a mini ‘Idea Market’ like those offered at UPA International conferences. Four ’idea stations’ will be set up around the room. Each will have a facilitator and be dedicated to exploring one of these questions below:
- What makes for a successful UX portfolio?
Facilitator: Jonathan Restaino, Director of Account Services, Onward Search
- How do you run your independent single person consultant practice?
Facilitator: Joe Ranft, Design Consultant
- How do we adapt to Agile?
Facilitator: Jeremy Kriegel, User Experience Manager, Cambridge Interactive Development Corp (CIDC)
- Where does a UX group belong in an organization?
Facilitator: Chris LaRoche, Usability Consultant, Accessibility & Usability Group, MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)
Attendees will be free to roam from station to station to discuss and mingle. So join us to discuss burning usability and UX design questions in a casual, friendly atmosphere.
Refreshments served. We hope to see you there!
- UPA Boston
An idea market!
What’s an Idea Market?
From UPA International’s Conference web site: “…The Idea Market is a highly interactive and casual set of discussions about ‘burning questions’ in usability and user-centered design, led by a facilitator. Each facilitator chooses a topic, posts the questions or issues to explore about the topic, and records the ideas that come up during the discussion…”
The goal is to be informal and exchange ideas. Attendees will be free to roam from station to station.
Thursday, March 3rd – 6-9pm
280 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210
– MBTA - Red Line to South Station. Walk down Summer Street (toward Fort Point) over the bridge. Onward Search will be on the left side of the street. Look for awning at 280.
– Parking - metered parking is available and fairly easy to find on Summer Street after work hours.